Back to my Roots! A Ghanaian Sisterlocks journey

Yes there are sisterlock weaerers in Ghana! This blog shares my experiences and those of some of my clients and other natural hair fanatics in our part of the world.

Friday, May 05, 2006



Akwaba!

I started this Blog to let Sisterlocked 'sisters' all over the world meet and know what was happening to Sisterlock wearers in Ghana. I had some technical difficulties with my first blog 'sislocksghana' so I am starting all over again. sigh.

My name's Ama and the photo shows me with my 3 year 11 month old sisterlocks. My beloved twin sister Amba also wears sisterlocks. My lock journey started in Paris where I first heard about Sisterlocks. I eventually had them done in London (by Nikki) as there were'nt any Sisterlock consultants in Paris in 2002-2004. Back in Ghana, I mantain and tighten them myself after taking the Sisterlock Training course in New York in 2003.

This is the back view of my hair. I set it on the large size SOFTSPIKE CURLERS that I read and saw on Leighanns blog. The result was amazing but only for a couple of days! The curls are four days old in the photo, they've dropped into gentle waves.

2 Comments:

Blogger z said...

My goodness your locks are just lovely! Keep showing your pictures so I can see your stages of maturity because I love to be inspired. I'll be updating mine in the next few weeks.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Maryee said...

You and your sister's hair is beautiful! Glad you both have a blog.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home